Friday, January 24, 2014

Worldwide Sketchcrawl #42 Wellington

I went to the Wellington Sketchers meetup for the 42nd Worldwide Sketchcrawl. After a pretty mixed bag of weather this summer, we were really lucky to have a wonderful warm summer's day.


We sketched around the marina and the boat sheds next to the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club.


I did a panoramic sketch for the first time. It was the nearby Ocean Sports Open Day today and we saw people learning to kayak, windsurf, and standup paddleboard.


 This is the Monastery on the hill behind Oriental Parade.


This is a fellow sketcher sketching, although I have to say my sketch looks nothign like him!


We moved down to the boat sheds and this is the view looking east along the waterfront. There were quite a few people using their boat shed and going out sailing.


As I waited for my husband to pick me up, I managed one last sketch. I saw this staircase just before the meetup and wanted to sketch it, but didn't quite have the courage to stand beside the road and do it. But I felt fine doing that after the meetup. Wellington has lots of secret, steep staircases like these, joining various roads along the hillsides.


I did them all on one page as I am planning to bind them in a book format.


We had a great day and it was really fun to sketch with everyone again, especially since we knew people all over the world were doing the same today.

Blog Badge


No comments: