Thursday, January 30, 2014

Book from the sketchcrawl at Oriental Parade

I make a little bound book from the sketchcrawl that we did recently at Oriental Parade in Wellington. I had always meant to do that, so I had done my sketches on a page of watercolour paper, already marked with the pages that would be cut out. This is to send to one of my friends overseas, who has never been to Wellington.

The front cover



The inside pages:





This is the centre page, which is a double page sketch. I ummed and ahed about whether to paint it, but decided to leave one uncoloured pen and ink sketch in there.


 







Most of these sketches I did on location at the 42nd Worldwide Sketchcrawl. However, I realised that the book looked a little blank without the otherside of the pages filled in, and I wouldn't have a chance to go back to Oriental Parage to sketch for some time. So I did some extra sketches from photos.


No comments: