Friday, October 18, 2013

Worldwide Sketchcrawl # 41: Wellington

I went to the Wellington Sketchers meetup for the Worldwide Sketchcrawl #41 and spent a lovely morning sketching with Jon, while my kids played on the beach. I was so glad that the weather turned out so well and that I came out to sketch this morning.


Days Bay Jetty


We sat on the jetty sketching and this was a great place to be: I could have drawn things from here all day. I sketched one of the houses across Days Bay.  I think this was the first time I did a whole sketch with my watercolor pencils on location, so that worked well.




There were a few fisherman on the end of the jetty, who are always great to sketch because you can often get a whole stance sketched before they move again.


The seagulls put on quite a performance for us, as they fought over titbits thrown to them by the fishermen.  I think we saw the full gamut of seagull communication this morning.


Last weekend, I made some pencil rolls for my watercolour pencils and they worked a treat today. Nothing blew away in the breeze, and I could see what colours I had on hand.



 Days Bay Jetty, looking inland.

Blog Badge


No comments: