Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sketching with biros

I'm still feeling my sketching mojo is at a low point, and I am trying to figure out what it is that stops me from sketching spontaneously everyday. I think it is the desire to produce something ¨good¨, and the sense that I don't have enough time or headspace to do that. Ironically, I think the answer is to start sketching on really bad paper with really bad pens for a while. So I am using my shopping list and cheap biros and my kids glitter pens etc. I actually even like how the biros blot ink at unexpected moments. I'm finding that I am able to sketch more quickly and loosely, and just sketch what I see, without thinking about how it will turn out or what it ¨should¨ look like. I don't intend to do this forever, but I'm keen to see where this will take me for a while.


No comments: