Saturday, February 12, 2011

Handmade checkers game - black pieces final version



Righto, I think that these are the final versions of the black pieces of my handmade checkers / draughts game that I am handprinting and sewing. I have recarved the black sailing boat as the previous version wasn´t quite what I had in mind.

These will form either side of the black pieces, which will be little circular, flat bean bags. They are printed on a fine weight unbleached calico, which I really like working with. The black printing is still not as dark as I would like it to be. I had to put more paint that I would like on the linocut stamps to even get it this dark. I wonder if my black paint isn´t actually opaque (the packaging doesn´t say...)? Must investigate this before printing the final pieces. [I´ve since finished this game here].

Wellington Harbour (view from our old flat), North Island, New Zealand

No comments: