Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Sewing inspired sock(s)

Its coming on winter here in New Zealand and my feet are cold! I like the glove pattern in Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing book, and thought about applying the same principle to a pair of polar fleece socks. So I drew a line around my feet and heel, and here is the test sock. I just need to make the final pattern a tiny bit looser around the heel join. I learnt how to sew flat seems on stretch sock on you tube. Its amazing what you can pick up on there. Although I used the same general principle on making the sock pattern as in this tute, the polar fleece I'm using doesn't stretch much, so a bit more give needs to allowed for when tracing a foot pattern. It is at this point that I realised I really need to make a second sock - left foot is still cold. But I was tired and went to bed instead.

No comments: