Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stamping cards

My lovely friend Deanne sent me a Stampin' Up (Simply Sent) kit last year. I've admired it for a long time, not quite daring to have a go. But, yesterday was the day, and here is my first effort. It was easy and fun to do, and I could follow the instructions even though I have a really bad cold at the moment. I even managed to do it without my 3 year old son noticing and wanting to have a go - that's how easy it was. It was nice to be able to fit something creative into a busy day. I think I have to practice the stamping bit, and lining things up properly, but hey, it's made with love and handmade things don't ever have to be perfect. One day I'd like to stamp fabric and make stamps like Belinda at her wonderful blog http://belindaschneider.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/of-stamps-and-stencils/. I keep looking at the picture of her stamped bag and am in awe of her creativity.

No comments: