Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quilts I made in Australia


Here is a log cabin quilt that I made before moving to New Zealand. I sold it this year to a B&B owner, I think. Couldn't quite get the whole quilt in the photo - even standing on the couch. It was my first red quilt and I love the rich, red colours. Its funny making quilts in Australia, because its so warm there, and there are not a lot of months of the year when a person would sleep under a quilt...


Here is my Rolling Star Quilt. I think this was my first quilt, and astonishingly, all the pieces fit together just fine. I think I made it when I was about 17? Just sold this too. My husband doesn;t really like quilts on the bed (he's a doona man). In my experience, New Zealand isn't really a good place for storing things that are not used, as they go musty. So I thought I'd rather sell it and have it being used than have it go mustier and mustier each year. It was sad to let the quilts go though!


I think this was the second quilt I made. I liked blue colours, so I used them again. I think I used up lots of scraps from the big Rolling Star quilt. That's my son and his favourite teddy on the quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, these are the kind of quilts that just take your breath away. I REALLY like that log cabin one, the sunshine/shadow effect is so appealing to the eyes. I am in awe of your talent!